Nicola Monaghan's news, events and general thoughts about life and writing.

Tuesday 23 October 2007

Shots

Those of you who read my fiction blog may have noticed that I somewhat lost interest a while ago now. I really tried hard to get back into it, but the 60x60x60 soap I'd set up for myself just wasn't doing it for me. It got so bad that, together with novel finishing, it contributed to me avoiding all of my blogs, and the blogging groups I was a member of too. I just didn't know what to do - I felt somehow that I had failed by not finishing the piece and wanted to bury my head in the sand and forget the blog had ever existed.

Then I came to my senses. The whole point of Shots had been to have some fun with my writing, get playful, and I'd got lost with that aim. So I found the 'delete' button and used the damn thing. I can't say what a relief it was.

The blog is still there, as are the short pieces I posted before the soap thing came along and spoilt it all. And now I feel like I can go back there and start posting again. Yay!

Huge thanks to the people who've been supporting me and encouraging what I was trying to do on Shots. You've been bloody ace and I love you all.

Nicola