Nicola Monaghan's news, events and general thoughts about life and writing.

Sunday 1 March 2009

The state of the union

It has a been a long time since I blogged here, or anywhere for that matter. I have all kinds of excuses lined up about life taking over and work being busy and finding that I needed all my writing time for, well, writing novels. But the truth is, I got a little bored.

Looking back at my blog, now, I think I understand why. I started this site as a place to post news and perhaps muse randomly about writing, which I still think is fair enough but reading back my posts I feel they lacked a certain depth of thought. Mostly, they rambled on about what I'd been doing, a little like an online diary, which I suppose a blog is, except that I'm not sure how much of myself, as a writer or otherwise, I was really giving people here. It almost feels like lipservice.

So, now I'm back and I've been thinking and I might handle things here a little differently from before. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

I'm also planning to resurrect Frankie over at Starfish Soup. I've discovered recently that she does have something to say, after all. I think it could be fun. Watch out for new posts there very soonly. I have also decided I will make up words if I want to. I like it.

Niki x

No comments: